Hi there, and welcome to Air Fryer cleaning Tips. This article will look at how to clean an air fryer the best way without causing any damage. We will run through what you can use and what not to use when giving your fryer a clean.
One of the best things about hot air fryers is how easy they are to clean. The most important thing to remember is that you don’t use anything abrasive on the basket or pan.
Step By Step Guide on How To Clean an Air Fryer
Step 1- Pull out and remove the basket from the pot. Using a paper towel, wipe out any excess oil that may be left in the pot.
Once that is done, fill the Air fryer pot with hot soapy water like washing detergent and let it soak for 10 minutes.
Step 2- While the pot is soaking, wipe any excess oil or fat, if any of the basket, and soak that in the pot with the hot soapy water as well. Give that same time roughly.
Step 3-. After about 5 minutes or so of the basket soaking using a non-abrasive sponge or brush, clean the black basket walls and base using the hot soapy water.
Step 4-. Once you have finished cleaning the basket, it’s time to clean the pot with a non-abrasive sponge or brush, just like with the basket.
Step 5- Once all have been washed, rinse off any soapy water and can either set aside and naturally dry off, or you can use a towel and try them off.
The pictures above are a guide only, and some electric hot air fryers may vary from product to product.
Now, if you have a GoWISE USA GW22621 4th Generation Electric Air Fryer w/ Touch Screen Technology, you can place the air fryer basket and pot straight into the dishwasher as they have been made to be dishwasher safe. For more information, you read the user’s manual to avoid any discrepancy.
When frying food in an air fryer, cleanliness is of paramount importance. Dirty fryers will affect the taste of your fried food. And besides, it’s not nice to eat fried food that has been prepared with dirty utensils.
10 Tips You Should Follow While Cleaning an Air Fryer
- If you have a non-stick coated air fryer, it is wise to use a soft cloth, sponge or brush that won’t leave any scratches on the coating.
- You may also want to consider deep cleaning your air fryer every few months using vinegar.
- If you have a ceramic coated air fryer, don’t use anything but water to clean it because any other type of liquid may break down the coating. Rinse the inside parts thoroughly with warm water and dry them outside or in an airing cupboard. Let everything dry completely before replacing it back in its casing.
- The air fryer basket usually needs a good clean before and after use. This is because food particles will get stuck in the nooks and crannies of the basket and it’s difficult to remove them afterwards.
- You can wash your food tray using warm water and dishwashing liquid or you may opt for an all-purpose cleaner that will clean your drawer effortlessly.
- Wash the outside of your air fryer with warm water and a soft cloth or sponge. Don’t use abrasive detergents or soaps as they may leave stains on the surface of the unit, leading to discoloration.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe down the buttons on the air fryer. You can also use a small amount of vinegar to remove any build-up on these areas.
- To clean your power cord, wrap it in a plastic bag and run warm water over it for a few minutes. If you have stubborn stains or build up, wipe them off with baking soda before rinsing with water.
- If you have an air fryer with removable parts, you can soak them in warm soapy water (such as dishwashing liquid) for at least ten minutes to remove food particles and deposits.
- You can also use a paper towel to remove residues on the basket. Before cooking, you can also wipe everything from the bottom of your fryer to remove any grease that may have accumulated.
Cleaning is a necessary evil in life, but when it comes to your air fryer, use gentle cleansers with warm water and make sure everything is completely dry before putting it all back together again. This will help keep the flavor of your food as well as prolong the lifespan of your unit. If you are using an air fryer for the first time here is our guide on how to use an air fryer for the first time.
Household Items You Can Use to Clean Your Air Fryer Instead of Soap
It is found in every home which is why it is the best option to clean your air fryer parts.
Baking soda is a good cleaning agent for your metal spatula or pot in which burnt food.
It is perfect for cleaning ceramics: Squeeze the fruit and rub it inside your air fryer.
As you can see, cleaning your hot air dryer is much like any other cooking kitchen appliance.
It’s a simple and easy process. The primary key to taking away from here is that when hand washing in the sink, make sure you use a non-abrasive cloth- sponge or anything else you use to wash dishes that may be abrasive.